Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains every day to maintain a healthy weight.
- Maintains weight.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
- Reduces risk for type 2 diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and several forms of cancer.
- Reduces arthritis pain and associated disability.
- Reduces risk for osteoporosis and falls.
- Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Handwashing is easy to do and it’s one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of many types of infection and illness. Clean hands can stop germs from spreading from one person to another and throughout an entire community.
- Balance work, home, and play.
- Get support from family and friends.
- Stay positive.
- Take time to relax.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Make sure kids get more, based on their age.
- Get help or counseling if needed.
- Stay active in your faith.